The chilly weather in Vancouver is causing frosty, wet, and dark conditions difficult for driving. Be prepared and take proper precautions to drive safely in fall changing weather for your safety and others on the road.
Drive Safely In Fall Tips
- Frosty weather
- Clear your windshield before driving. Keep a small scraper in your trunk.
- Slow down but especially when approaching bridges and overpasses as they collect more frost.
- Be careful for black ice which can be anywhere but take extra precaution in shaded areas.
- Dark weather
- Use your headlights more often with the later sunrises and earlier sunsets for visibility for yourself and others.
- Look out for children, pedestrians, runners, and bicyclists.
- On the contrary, when the sunlight suprises you, be sure to have sunglasses to protect from glare.