The new non-profit kickstarts its philanthropy program with four donations to local non-profits totalling $100,000 at launch
Richmond, BC, July 19, 2023 – OpenRoad Auto Group today announces the creation of the OpenRoad Foundation – its philanthropic non-profit organization aimed at supporting the development of robust, resilient communities where OpenRoad Auto Group operates through purposeful donations. At launch, there will be a focus on three areas of philanthropy: environment, community, and education.
“The OpenRoad Foundation has been a dream of mine for a while, and I’m thankful to our dedicated and talented team for helping turn this vital project into a reality,” says Christian Chia, CEO of OpenRoad Auto Group and OpenRoad Foundation’s founding Board of Director. “We want to give back to the communities that have helped us grow over the years by building long-lasting changes, and in turn, benefit our neighbourhoods for future generations to come.”
During its founding year, OpenRoad Foundation will focus on its three key pillars through a variety of ways:
- Environment – alongside several environmental organizations, OpenRoad Foundation will support initiatives to sustain British Columbia’s robust ecosystems for present and future generations to come;
- Community – People should be empowered and given the opportunity to redefine what is possible for themselves and their communities. In conjunction with many exceptional groups, OpenRoad Foundation intends to continue to support creative solutions for individuals and their families;
- Education – OpenRoad Foundation will support opportunities for academic success and leadership initiatives through supporting learning activities and scholarships.
So far in 2023, OpenRoad Foundation has already granted $100,000 in total to four local non-profits:
- Vancouver Food Runners, which addresses food insecurity and the impact of wasted food on the environment in Metro Vancouver. The donation allows the organization to deliver more than 925,000 pounds of food (equivalent to 770,000 meals) and mitigate over 400,000 pounds of carbon dioxide this year.
- Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society, which is singularly focused on providing free, safe, reliable, compassionate transportation and peace of mind for Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley cancer patients who have no viable means of getting to and from their essential treatment.
- City Dream Centre’s Summer Food Hampers Program, a feeding initiative that will support approximately 250 families through the summer months while in-school feeding programs are unavailable. City Dream Centre works with the local Surrey School District and the individual schools to identify the families who need this support.
- Urban Bounty by Richmond Food Security Society, which provides stewardship of Richmond’s local food system, as well as expertise in other areas of Metro Vancouver, through community gardens, education, advocacy, and community building initiatives.
“More than 1,700 OpenRoad Auto Group associates spoke with us about what matters most to them and the communities we serve, providing the basis of our giving focus strategy,” adds Shea Studler, Manager of OpenRoad Foundation. “It has been a great collaborative approach, and these are well-deserving organizations affecting change in our community.”
OpenRoad Foundation’s inaugural team includes: Studler, Manager of OpenRoad Foundation, as well as board members and a full advisory committee. OpenRoad Foundation will select additional charity partners for grants in Fall of 2023.
For more information about OpenRoad Foundation, please visit www.openroadfoundation.ca.
About OpenRoad Foundation
OpenRoad Foundation is a private foundation created by OpenRoad Auto Group to grant to Canada Revenue Agency registered charities. The Foundation’s mission is to represent our values through three areas of philanthropy: environment, education, and family life in the communities where OpenRoad Auto Group operates.
Registered non-profit #: 704629534RR0001
ABOUT OPENROAD AUTO GROUP
Founded in 2000, OpenRoad Auto Group is B.C.’s largest automotive dealership group with over 1,700 associates representing 21 quality automotive brands at 37 full-service retail locations, including 28 Canadian auto retailers in B.C. and Ontario, five collision centres, and four luxury automotive brands in Bellevue, Washington. OpenRoad Auto Group offers car buyers and owners an experiential automotive retail service. With sales and service in multiple languages, OpenRoad Auto Group encourages a car buying experience based on Unlimited Possibilities Ahead. With a focus on innovation and lifelong relationships, OpenRoad offers free memberships in the Club OpenRoad loyalty points program. OpenRoad is proud to be one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, a CADA Laureate, and the recipient of multiple Canadian Best Employer Awards.
OpenRoad Auto Group
OpenRoad Foundation Contact: